Come watch the sunrise over the desert and then run down into it. It's a 50K with a little bit of everything... single track along the Pacific Crest Trail, a more than 2,000 foot drop into the desert, a run through the beautiful desert scenery of Box Canyon, and then the climactic 5+ mile climb back up via Oriflamme Canyon.
There is a 9 hour time limit for this run. 150 runner limit. Technical long sleeve t-shirt to all entrants and medals to all finishers. Early 6:00 a.m. start is available for those of you wishing to do a little sightseeing.
Hope to see you there!
John "El Cubano" Martinez - Race Director
Our 2018 (8th) race starts in 2018-5-19 6:0:0 GMT-7:00
Good to know:
- Where: Julian, California, USA
- When: Saturday, Apr 7, 2018 7:00 AM/PST
- Time Limit: 9 hours (4 hour cut-off at the turnaround)
- Elevation: about 4,000 feet total elevation change
- Directions: 14833 Sunrise Highway, Julian, CA
- Registration: ultraSignup.com (starting Nov 1, 2017)
2018 is our 8th year of the Oriflamme 50K.
View Christopher Fales video of his 2010 run at YouTube.
Registration for the 2018 Oriflamme 50K will open on Wednesday Nov 1, 2017 at 12:00 AM. The race typically sells out well before race day.
If you cannot participate, but would still like to be a part of the event, please help out by volunteering! Contact the Race Director. Thank you!